How To Register & Verify my account on Emart - (Video)
Registering on Emart is as easy as ABC.
- Visit the website at https://emart.ng/ and Click on “Register” on the top right corner of the website to create an account.
- You will be immediately redirected to our Registration page where you will have to fill the required fields and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- You will again be immediately redirected to your Dashboard.
- Upload your photo by clicking the “Choose” button under the image and then click “Save“, The image will show up!
- Click “Edit your Profile” and fill in your details correctly. Make sure you provide the correct and up-to-date information when setting up your profile, such as your name, mobile number, email address. They are not mandatory though, but they are highly required as these are the routes through which your potential customers can contact you. So, just providing the right information is in your best interest.
- You can add your social media links such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo if you so desire.
- Your Address – Add your State and City.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
- Account Verification: You are highly required to verify your account after setting up your profile. Click the “Get Verification Code” under your profile photo.
- Check your email, (check spam box if it is not in your inbox) copy this code and paste in the verification box and hit the “Verify” button.
You are done. Congrats!
Watch Video Tutorial Below:
How do I post an advert on Emart? - (Video)
- Note: You must be a Registered user before you can post ads on Emar.ng If you are not yet registered, Click on ‘Register’ button on the top right corner to register first.
It is easy and quick to post ads on Emar.ng, just take the following steps to proceed:
- Click on “Post Free Ad” button.
- Complete all your item information, including title, category, price, description, and add photos. You can also insert video link if you want to include video ad. (only full YouTube or Vimeo video link allowed), then select your state and location from “Your Location” drop down.
- After filling out the required fields, click on “Submit new listing” button.
- Once you submit your ad, you will be immediately redirected to your dashboard where you will see all you ads.
- Your advert will be published shortly once moderation process is completed.
- Your advertisement will be pending and will be published soon after completion of the moderation process.
- Once your advert is live, you will receive a notification email.
- You are done!
- Now, sit and be ready to receive numerous incoming calls from your potential buyers. Goodluck!
Watch Video: Step By Step How to Post Ad on Emart
What happens after I submit my ad?
- Before your ad goes live for potential buyers on Emart, all listings undergo a sophisticated ads screening system to curb frauds and inaccuracies, it will be activated soon if all fields are filled out correctly.
- Only when approved by our moderators can you find your advertisement on our website.
- When your advertisement is active, you will receive an email notification. If your advertisement is wrong, you will be notified of it and all the errors will be specified in order to be able to edit your advertisement accordingly.
- You can edit it again if necessary after publishing your advertisement and repost it. Your advertisement will be moderated again before it is activated on our website.
- You can delete or close your advert any time you want. You just have to click on “Option” button placed under the ad, and select “Delete Listing” button.
- Whenever you want, you can Edit Listing, Delete Listing, Raise Up Listing, View Click Status, View Listing. Just click the ‘Pencil sign on top of the ad or go to your dashboard and click the “option” button under the ad, select your option from the drop down.
- Publication of the same content is not allowed on Emart. They will be considered spam by our moderators and won’t publish it on the website.
- By logging into your Emart account and clicking on My dashboard, you can always manage your ads.
How do I create an effective ad?
If creating an effective ad is what you really want, follow the instructions below is highly recommended:
- Use a highly engaging title that includes the name of the item you sell. Try to keep it short but catchy. Because this is what will attract your potential buyer to your item.
- Set a suitable price for your item so that your advertisement will be approve. Your ad may be declined if the price is not appropriate. Make sure to perform some price investigation for the specific item.
- Describe the item you want to sell properly and provide all the necessary information to enlighten the buyer about the item. It mustn’t contain any false information regarding your product or service.
- Upload pictures of your items taken by yourself and not the ones downloaded from the internet. The better pictures you add, the more appealing your ad looks to potential buyers and the more calls you receive.
- Picture they say speaks more than a thousand words, but video speak even louder. Here, you can post your free ads with pictures and video. Make a clear video clip of your items and upload it on video hosting sites like YouTube or Vimeo. Enter the full YouTube or Vimeo video link in the box provided and attach video. With this, your buyer will not only view ad images, but will also view the video clip.
- To be able to reach you easily, specify the correct contact details for your potential buyers / clients. Try to answer all incoming calls or call back your customers when need be.
- Try to fill in all fields on your profile page, as well as those on your advertisement, so that your customers have all the information they need about you as a seller and the products you sell.
- The higher your rating on our website, the higher your chances of attracting many buyers. Remember that building confidence in your business is important. Your rating depends on your previous customers’ number of positive/negative feedback.
- Make your advert as risk-free as possible.
Can I purchase directly on Emart??
No! You can’t purchase items on our platform.
Our platform primarily helps buyers to search different types of products in various categories, product details, check out the sellers’ profile associated with the required product, their locations and contact the seller for their required products via voice call, SMS or email for informations/inspections.
How do I "Raise Up" my ads (Bump ad)
The ability to raise up listings is available to all users.
- Just go to your dashboard and click the “Option” button under the ad you want to raise, select your option from the drop down.
- Click “Raise Up Listing“, you will be redirected to another page, then click “Raise up” to bump up your ad.
- Listing will be raised up to the top of all lists, those ordered by date.
- However, note that listing will not stick on top, so new listings and other listings, those were raised up later, will place higher.
- So you might want to visit your dashboard at least once a day to raise up your ads.
How do I report something to you?
Learn how to let us know if you’ve encountered something suspicious or inappropriate on the site, about the seller or his advert.
At Emart, we rely on our community to help us keep everything as it should be.
Reporting an ad:
You can report any ad from its page. You’ll find the ‘gray-triangular exclamation point icon’ on the top, just above every ad thumbnail. Click on it, insert your text report and send message to moderator. Your feedback will be immediately redirected to Emart support managers and we will block the ad if it’s against our posting rules. We won’t hesitate also to block and ban the seller if he proves to be a fraudulent/scammer. If the ad remains on the site after 12 hours then we have chosen to leave the ad live.
Please report an ad if you think it’s:
- Illegal or fraudulent
- A duplicate
- In the wrong category
- Against posting rules
How to get it right: Are there posting rules?
Adhering to the rules is highly required while you are posting adverts on Emart:
- Each advertisement must have a precise title.
- Each advertisement should contain only unique images without any contact information or watermarks. Must be images taken by the seller and not downloaded from the Internet.
- Ensure you select an appropriate category. Most categories have expanding “+” button. Expand to see subcategories. Be extra cautious choosing all categories especially category for a job proposal.
- Your item prices must match the real prices of similar items.
- All products and/or services posted must be located in Nigeria.
- All products and articles must be legally permitted.
- Posting multiple products in the same advertisement is not allowed. Each item for sale must be submitted separately.
- Each advertisement must include a brief, clear description.